Version Pattern Confusion

Nov 5, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I’m trying to change the Assembly File Version Pattern, Assembly Version Pattern, and Version or Version Seed File Path from 1.0.J.B to something like 1.0.yyyyMMdd.B but I’m not having any luck.

I've tried $YYYY.., $(Date:yyyy..., etc.
Dec 5, 2013 at 1:33 AM
That pattern could turn out to be interesting, but I don't think it will work. The magnitude of the numbers in each section wouldn't allow it. As I recall, the number is 16-bit unsigned, which only gives up to 65535, so your pattern blows that out of the water.

This isn't a limitation of TFSVersioning, but of the .NET Version class. However, TFSVersioning works around some of those limitations, so it might be possible to do with a little coding effort.
Dec 12, 2013 at 2:27 AM
The TFSVersioning code is pretty weak in this area. It does a string.split on the . character and then feeds it through a switch case. This is a very strange way of doing token replacements and restricts you from combining tokens in a single field. It's not that difficult to rewrite though and I've done so for myself as I think this project is now abandonware. (I've also added TFS 2013 support for VS Online.)
Jan 3, 2014 at 9:21 PM
chrpai, any chance you can share your version with TFS 2013 support added?