TFS2013 Support

Oct 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Just curious when you think you might support TFS2013. Waiting on TFSVersioning and NuGetter so that I can create NuGet packages from TFS 2013 Build Server for use by Red-Gate Deployment manager. Moving from Continuous Build to Continuous Deploy
Coordinator
Oct 31, 2013 at 12:52 AM
As far as I know, TFS2013 didn't change the build templates like they did in 2012. Even with the template changes the custom activity assemblies didn't have to change for the build process to work in 2012. Did you try it and something went wrong or are you just seeing the version reference here. I'd give it a try. I'd do that myself but haven't had the time or the machine to install a fresh version of TFS 2013.

Mark
Dec 4, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Mark,

I am able to use a TFS2012 build process template with the 2012 TFSVersioning assembly but I'd really like to move forward to the v11.1 process template that was introduced in TFS2013. I'd really like it if there was a new release that supported all of this. If you are moving on from this project, would you entertain the idea of passing the reigns to a new coordinator? :)

Thanks,
Chris
Dec 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I wanted to follow your instructions on how to add the activity to your own process template. I created an activity library to contain DefaultTemplate.11.1.xaml and resolved all of my references. The project build and the XAML rendered in the designer without any errors. I checked this all into TFS.

When I add the reference to TfsBuildVersioning.Activities.dll the project still builds but the workflow crashes with the following error. It then crashes visual studio. If I remove the DLL reference, everything builds and renders again.

Update Drop Location

Could not generate view for InvokeForReason. ( BOLD RED)

Error 1 System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
at Microsoft.Compiler.VisualBasic.CompilerBridge.CompileExpression(CompilerBridge* , gcroot<System::String ^> expression, gcroot<Microsoft::Compiler::VisualBasic::CompilerContext ^> context, gcroot<System::Type ^> targetType, gcroot<Microsoft::Compiler::VisualBasic::CompilerResults ^> results)
at Microsoft.Compiler.VisualBasic.HostedCompiler.CompileExpression(String expression, CompilerContext context, Type targetType)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicHelper.Compile[T](LocationReferenceEnvironment environment, Boolean isLocationReference)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicHelper.Compile[T](CodeActivityPublicEnvironmentAccessor publicAccessor, Boolean isLocationReference)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicHelper.Compile[T](String expressionText, CodeActivityPublicEnvironmentAccessor publicAccessor, Boolean isLocationExpression)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicValue1.CacheMetadata(CodeActivityMetadata metadata)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity
1.OnInternalCacheMetadataExceptResult(Boolean createEmptyBindings)
at System.Activities.Activity1.OnInternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings)
at System.Activities.Activity.InternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings, IList
1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivity(ChildActivity childActivity, ChildActivity& nextActivity, Stack1& activitiesRemaining, ActivityCallStack parentChain, IList1& validationErrors, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivityTreeCore(ChildActivity currentActivity, ActivityCallStack parentChain, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.CacheRootMetadata(Activity activity, LocationReferenceEnvironment hostEnvironment, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList
1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.Validation.ActivityValidationServices.InternalActivityValidationServices.InternalValidate()
at System.Activities.Validation.ActivityValidationServices.Validate(Activity toValidate, ValidationSettings settings)
at System.Activities.Presentation.Validation.ValidationService.CoreValidationWork(ValidationReason reason, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
c:\iswix\Private\BuildAutomation\BuildProcessSource\DefaultTemplate.11.1.xaml   0   0