This project is read-only.

Assembly Company and Copyright Pattern

Jan 31, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Hello,

In my builddefinition I set the Assembly Company Pattern and Assembly Copyright Pattern arguments. But for some reason I see no change  in the builded assemblies. If I look to the assemblyInfo files on the buildserver, they contain just the original values as they are in sourcecontrol. The version attributes are written just fine.

I was already going through the activity code with Reflector, but could not find any hint about what the problem could be. Perhaps you have?

Regards, Jaap

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Hello,

I have it already working. I use the VersionSeed file and I was not aware of the fact that in that case also the additional information is read from the file.

With the (File)Version pattern you have a fallback to the "Default" solution in the VersionSeed file. But the additional information is not read from the Default solution in that case.

So a feature request is to implement the fallback mechanism for all additional assembly attributes. The nicest way would be to do this per attribute. That way you don't have to repeat e.g. the AssemblyCompanyPattern for each solution, while it is everytime the same. You can just specifiy it once in the "Default" solution.

Regards, Jaap